ALLERGEN & BACTERIA REMOVALA Deeper Cleaning for a Healthier Home
Facts About Allergens and Bacteria
- The average family spends 90% of their time indoors
- 7 pathogens (or types of bacteria and viruses) cause 90% of illnesses, hospitalizations and death
- Carpets, rugs & upholstery act as air filters in the home, trapping allergens and bacteria that would otherwise circulate more freely. Periodic deep cleaning is required for them to remain optimally effective
This is especially important for the 1 in 5 Americans (roughly 60 million) living with allergies or asthma. You can ensure healthier indoor air in your home by keeping your carpets clean and in healthy condition through regular vacuuming and having your carpets, rugs and upholstery professionally cleaned every 3-4 months to rid your home of common allergens and bacteria. This is especially important during cold and flu season, when getting sick is even more common.
At Chem-Dry, we want you to breathe easier about the healthfulness of your home and your family. Whether you suffer from allergies or asthma or you just want to provide the healthiest home for your family, a Chem-Dry carpet cleaning can help you remove the allergens and bacteria hiding in your home and improve your indoor air quality. Because Chem-Dry cleans for your health like no one else, contact Chem-Dry of Greensboro to ensure a safe and healthy home environment for your family.
Chem-Dry Home Health Study
To demonstrate the impact Chem-Dry has on home health, we commissioned a leading independent air quality laboratory to conduct a study for us in 2014 with the goal of quantifying the effectiveness of our Hot Carbonated Extraction (HCE) cleaning method. We decided to not only test allergen and bacteria removal from carpets but also allergen removal from upholstery, pet urine removal and tile, stone & grout. The study was conducted in a cross-section of consumer homes in the U.S. and abroad, using our HCE process along with a pre-spray. The common allergens we tested include cat and dog dander and dust mite allergen. Here are the results:
- We remove an average of 97.4% of allergens from carpets.
- We remove an average of 99.1% of allergens from upholstery.
- We remove an average of 89.0% of airborne bacteria in the home, significantly improving indoor air quality. This test incorporated the addition of a sanitizer to the cleaning process.
This test showed that our process yields significant results against the most common odor sources from cat and dog urine:
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment is 99.9% effective on average at eliminating pet urine odors.
- Our P.U.R.T.® treatment removes an average of 99.2% of the bacteria from the pet urine stains in the carpets.
The independent lab tested our Tile, Stone & Grout Cleaning Process along with a sanitizer (using Milgo Plus in some tests and Benefect Decon 30 in others) on tile surfaces.
- Our Tile, Stone & Grout cleaning process along with a sanitizer removed an average of 98.6% of the bacteria from the tile surfaces.
Chem-Dry of Greensboro provides industry cleaning carpet & upholstery cleaning services in Guilford County, North Carolina, including: Greensboro, Clemmons, Oak Ridge, Summerfield, Stokesdale, Jamestown, McLeansville, Whitsett, High Point and the surrounding areas.
222 Mistletoe Dr. Greensboro, NC 27403
Phone: (336) 993-7100
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sat: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
*Based on independent lab testing associated with EPA registration #s 87742-1-92595, 84683-3-74771 and 70385-6. Hard non-porous surfaces including sealed stone and VCT surfaces were evaluated. Bacteria and viruses tested include salmonella, influenza and E. coli. Our sanitizers associated with EPA registration #s 87742-1-92595, 84683-3-74771 and 70385-6 have been approved by the EPA for use against the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.